Wednesday, June 1, 2011

The Joy of Marine Corps life

So in December 2010, just before Dylan graduated TBS, we had to meet with the medical screener, Mrs. Williams to start the wonderful process of paperwork needed to go overseas to Okinawa.  This is normally a long process. ( but not this long) We left the medical screener with a list of things to get checked off by doctors and dentists.  So I made appts, for all 4 of us, and started the process.  February 1st I walk in to Mrs. Williams office to turn in all the medical records and she tells me that she can't see me because I need an appointment, when in DEC. she told me that I didn't, just bring back everything when it was done.  So she made me an appt. for March 2nd, a full month later.  I go in, I am with her for 2 hours, I was told not to bring my kids, and walk out with yet another list of things that needed to be completed and told to bring them back when completed, again no appointment needed.  I go back 2 weeks later and turn everything in.  She says it needs to be sent to the Quantico docs to look at and then it will be sent to Oki.  A week later I go in to check on things and she can't find my records and then says oh but wait I need you to sign this form...(was she going to call me????) She says that the docs have seen the records but still need to sign off on the forms.  Then they will be sent to Oki.  So a week later we are told that they got sent to Oki and we should hear in a week.  Well 2 weeks later we call Oki and they say they can't open the email with all the records.  (Were they going to contact Mrs. Williams????)  We go into Mrs. Williams office and ask her resend the email, then we call Oki and they can view the records.  This is now getting close to Easter, and we decide that we need to head out to Cali just in case Dylan has to report to Oki without the kids and I.  So we get to Cali on Easter and then call Oki and they say that we still need paperwork filled out by the kids doctors.  So I jump through hoops and find a person near Travis AFB to sign off on the kids papers and email those to Oki, then they say that the docs in Quantico never signed off on the records.  So more phone calls and hoops jumped and 2weeks later the Quantico docs signed the records and then the Oki docs we able to look at them.  They approved our medical clearance. YAY! 6 months later!!!  Now we are waiting on area clearance...They first tell us 1 day turn around, then Oki tells us no its 10 working days, but we will try and get it done fast before the memorial day 4 day weekend.  That doesn't happen!  We are still waiting.  It is now June 1st.  We have been "homeless" since April 15th and separated from Dylan again for a month now.  Hopefully we will get word on clearance soon....10 working days will be June 6th, so we are hoping to be in Oki in the next week.  Pray for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment